Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:57:10 +0800
I have some recommendations on image projection, hope it is helpful.

If the image is projected through a laptop, make sure the laptop's dispaly
port resolution is set to exactly as the native resolution of the projector,
it is to make sure you get the right aspect ratio and better image quality.
If the image size is 900x600 there will be blank space with any type of
projector. 1024x768 is 4:3 and 1920x1080 is 16:9 while your image is 3:2 but
it may not matter much.

Since your image is 900x600 the laptop computer will resize your image to
fit to the display resolution. Make sure the viewing software has good
resize algorithm, with IrfanView you need to check the "Use resample for
fitting" under View/Display options to get the best result.

BTW, the full HD projectors has been there for a long time, my 1920x1080
movie projector is over three year old and which was already the 4th
generations from Panasonic.

C.H.Ling