Re: [OM] FL-600R

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-600R
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:22:41 -0500
I forgot to add that this simple method of shooting does not require any
radio or IR slaves.  The best reason for the radio slave would be to get
the flash off the camera and onto a light stand about 45 degrees away
from the camera and high up toward the ceiling to serve as a "main
light".  The secondary and lower powered flash would then be close to
and at the same level as the camera and serve as the "fill light".  As
before, this light would be triggered by an optical slave such as this:
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYK-3-Hot-Shoe-adapter-Remote-Optical-Slave-Flash-Trigger-For-Canon-Sigma-Canon-/111092342366?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item19dd9e9e5e>
Dirt cheap, very sensitive and they work well.

In addition to light stands you need some brackets to hold the flash
units, preferably with the ability to hold an umbrella for a diffuser.
But this is all getting ahead of the game.  Stick with what's below for
a cheap and easy solution.

Dr. Flash