Re: [OM] IMG: Scan #30,889

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Scan #30,889
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:50:40 -0500
As I explained to him, those are not my boats!  There is a one hour window
when the tide is right during daylight for a boat to go from the island to
the mainland.  Anyone leaving the island could not return for 24 hours.  We
missed the first two tide times because the lines for the clinic were too
long.  When we were finally able to leave, we almost missed the tide and I
have photos of the guy in the water pulling our canoe over the sand bars.
 Somewhere in the 30,000+ but I will post them.

Tina

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > PESO:
> >
> > On April 24, 2013, I started scanning my slides of Guatemala.  Today I
> > finished.  Scan #30,889 is a Kodachrome of a guy standing in a canoe.  I
> > was never happier to see anybody.  I had been stranded on an island for
> two
> > days and this guy came to rescue me:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/154549085
> >

> Fun photo.  But like Robert, I'm seeing a line of boats on the shore...
> --
>
> Paul Braun
> Certified Music Junkie
>
> "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold
> Auerbach
> --

Tina Manley