[OM] FL-600R

Subject: [OM] FL-600R
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:06:59 -0500 (EST)
Dr. Flash writes
>>In fact, Dr. Flash has joined the no flash club... for most things.
>>It's very difficult to light the Everglades or the Grand Canyon with
>>flash.  :-)

You probably can light the Everglades reasonable well with these
guys:---see the faster burning ones uses to light the river and train:

http://www.meggaflash.com/gallery?AG_MK=0&AG_form_paginInitPages_1=1&AG_form_albumInitFolders_1=/gallery2&AG_form_scrollTop=0&AG_form_scrollLeft=0&AG_MK=0

http://www.meggaflash.com/meggaflash-bulbs/photoflash-bulbs-pf200-meggaflash-technologies

If nothing is moving then look at these guys:

http://www.meggaflash.com/meggaflash-bulbs/pf330-flashbulb

140,000 lumen-seconds.  Not sure  how to convert to w-s or GN.  Would
be shutter speed dependent of course and illuminates much much larger
area.  Reflector size matters as well.  I bet Tim or Dr. Flash could
give an estimate.
Beam angle relevant,  steradians and other such stuff  that haven't
thought about in many moons.

OM-2 and 2N have FP flash sync to let the Flashbulbs get up to
power--ignite them about 20 msec prior to first curtain, IIRC.  Last
time I used a couple had to stop down so much had to worry about
offending Dr. Diffraction
as well as temporary blindness of the guests.

Fan of Dr. Flash and Dr. No Flash, Mike