Re: [OM] FL-600R

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-600R
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 10:21:48 -0600
> Or, possibly, those who do not want to draw attention to themselves by
> using flash?  There is no way to sit in a corner and disappear when you
> have a flash going off in a community that has never seen flash before.  I
> want quiet cameras, fast lenses, and fast film or high ISO digital.  I have
> no use for flash - but that's just my kind of photography - not for
> everybody.

Tina, that is EXACTLY the reason NOT to use flash. As I previously
mentioned, war photography may be another time where flash isn't
really a good idea. I would never be so presumptuous as to suggest
that you are an incompetent hack for not wanting to use flash.

HOWEVER!!!!!

I would launch all over a "professional wedding photographer" who
hasn't figured out the basics of lighting. High ISOs are no substitute
for careful lighting and attention to detail. It is mind-bending to
see the schlock that is being passed off today as professional wedding
photography. I understand the "styles change" thing--I'm as fluid with
styles as anybody. What I'm pounding on is the idiots who haven't a
clue how to use a flash other than full-auto mode and couldn't do a
fill light ratio to save their lives. Oh, but they have a Fong (sorry,
Paul) so they are expert.

Just my opinion from a curmudgeon.

--
Ken Norton