Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:49:42 -0400
I asked earlier for advice about using a digital image projector. I received
the following information about the projector in question:

"Regarding the projector that we have here it is a Panasonic model #
PT-AE500U.  Looking at the specifications the mode is a 750p with the aspect
ratio at 1280 : 720."

If I generate a JPEG image file measuring 1,280 x 720 pixels, using either
72 or 100 pixels / inch for my own on-screen viewing, will that image work
with that Panasonic without being distorted in any way?

I have no idea what the "750p" refers to and whether that should, or should
not, be considered when cropping the original image down to 1,280 x 720
pixels. If it should please advise me what the 750p means and what steps I
should take.

Thanks

jh