Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 23:03:12 +0800
Hi John,

I also have a PT-AE500, I replaced it with the PT-AE4000 few years ago. Its
native resolution is 1280x720, called 720p actually. "p" means progressive,
like most monitor's working mode. The old TV use "i" (interlace) mode but
most newer TV support both "i" and "p" mode.

PT-AE500 has DVI and a VGA port, you can connect either one to the notebook,
of course the DVI input would be better if the notebook has DVI or HDMI
output.

To use the full pixel, the JPEG image should be in 16:9 ratio. 1280x720
pixel is the best. The DPI or PPI value won't affect the result, only the
pixel number count.

Just remember the maximum number of pixel available you will know how to
config your image file. If you really prefer 3:2 you can use 1080x720 image;
4:3 use 960x720 and 2:3 use 480x720... etc.

With DVI/VGA input the project will not resize your image, you input 4:3 it
will just display 960x720 pixel, aspect ratio will be maintained. Of course
you have to make sure the display setting of the notebook is right (i.e.
output 1280x720). Also, make sure the image viewing software does not change
the aspect ratio to fill the screen.

C.H.Ling