Re: [OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: FLASH!! vs No Flash
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:06:23 -0500
Ouch!!  I can only assume that is one I posted to show somebody what a
straight scan with no adjustments looks like!  I haven't even spotted that
one at all.  There should have been plenty of light reflected off of the
white paper that fill flash is not necessary.

http://www.pbase.com/image/154566941

 If I had used fill flash, that would have been the only photo I would have
taken of these kids because then they would have forgotten about their
homework and only wanted me to entertain them with the flash.

Tina

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree in many of your cases flash would destory the mood and invite
> unwanted attention but sometimes it can be very helpful, just like this
> image...
>

> http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/Central-America/Honduras/Honduras/3917411_sWqp63#!i=1213147304&k=sdXz2CS&lb=1&s=L
>
> Flash certainly isn't suitable for all cases, it is the photographer who
> make the choice after judging the situation but I do not agree with "Never
> Flash".
>
> I do not use flash much but I will certainly carry one when travel with my
> family, it is very helpful for fill light.
>
> C.H.Ling

Tina Manley