Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:51:51 -0600
> My 8.1 (touch) laptop is a pleasure to use.  There are a couple oddities to
> work around, but I enjoy it.  It is finally touch capability that makes
> sense to me.  Very frustrating to go back to an iPad now.

As per normal with Microsoft, I think that the every other version
skip is a good policy. W8 is a disaster in many regards. But it is
certainly an advancement. This household has three brand new W8
touchscreen laptops of different brands. The execution between
computers is actually a bit bigger than one would expect. My wife's
Lenovo Yoga makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable than the
Toshiba or Acer. It's weird, because the intangibles make the
difference. (I got my wife's W7 Lenovo X100 which is further proof of
how intangibles make such a difference for the user).

I realize that I'm outnumbered but I feel that iOS is woefully
inadequate and out of date compared to pretty much everything else
these days.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx