Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:59:40 -0600
>      I came away from there with a sense of satisfaction and a new
> restoration project in the back of the pickup.  It took the edge of having
> learned the day before that a friend had passed away last month.

When I got my Cannondale MTB, I went into a major upgrade process.
Over the next year, I replaced nearly everything with aftermarket
parts. But, I kept nearly everything as it came off. So, if I ever
decided to "restore" it, I could get it much of the way there without
too much fuss. But, why? I upgraded everything for a reason. Oops.
Forgot. I did scarf a per parts to another MTB that needed better
components.

I suppose the difference is that I consider my Cannondale MTB to be a
lot like a race car. The value isn't in how it was when it was first
built, but how current it is at any given moment. With exception of a
few things that ended up dating it (head spindle, rear spacing), it's
as current and valid as anything out there today. But, I did go to a
lot of effort and expense to have things like custom wheels built and
tons of research and dirt time put into perfecting tire selection.
(Racing Porcs for the front are the best dirt/sand tire ever made.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx