Re: [OM] IMGS: A Couple of Photos for the Guys

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: A Couple of Photos for the Guys
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:03:42 -0500
  All the smoking comments brings to mind a quasi-humorous story. In the
early 1990's, my wife and I lived for a time in Greenville, NC during my
Fellowship year of training. I should point out that while driving there,
after leaving I-95, we drove by mile after mile of green tobacco fields, as
far as the eye could see. The day we moved into an apartment complex, the
manager noticed our small propane grill on the porch and informed us that
NC law forbid the use of propane grills in multifamily buildings due to the
fire hazard. A bit miffed, I called the local firehouse for confirmation
and sure enough the legislature had passed the bill just one year before. I
thought a bit then asked the chief, "In your experience, sir, what is the
most common cause of dwelling fires?" He didn't miss a beat, "Without a
doubt cigarette smoking." OK fine, when the legislature outlaws smoking in
apartments, I'll get rid of my grill. I continued to use my grill and never
heard another word about it.

Charlie