Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:24:47 -0800
I try to keep it very simple.  Both computers have a pair of clone ...

   I do too. This is what I do for my main box.
   2 @2tb drives in the box for data and photos backed up to...
   2 @2tb drives in remote housings via SyncBack about once a month.
   240gb SSD boot drive cloned to...
   240gb SSD in toaster
   I also do weekly images of  C:\  via Win7 Backup & Restore to...
   a couple other drives in the box
   I recently added a couple of items to make the routine easier.
   Harddrive switch. Easy to turn on or off any drive at the push of a
   button. Backup drives are therefore isolated except when being backed
   up.
   [1]<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1DS0FR8899>
   And for the SSD's I can just pull and pop out of the cradle for cloning
   with this...
   [2]<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817986003>
    ...and insert into this toaster which does cloning on its own. Or I
   can just switch off all HD's except the toaster and C:\ to prevent
   cloning to the wrong drive, happened to me once ;(
   [3]<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0VN-0003-00036>
   My wife's HP notebook and my tablet get images to a 2tb WD Elements
   extermal drive. Photos get redundant backups as well. Only snag is that
   the backups are all on site. Cloud storage isn't an option here. I
   considered a NAS in the shed...
   What software to you use for cloning Chuck??