Re: [OM] Linux security query, was: Nasty iOS and OS X security bug

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux security query, was: Nasty iOS and OS X security bug
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:51:49 -0500
Thanks for your response.  I'm not sure about which Linux.  Probably the
first one that lets me connect with a printer on a Windows network.  I
had it working at one time and, IIRC, Ubuntu didn't do it but Mint did.
  I think it's just a matter of what optional support code is included
in the distribution.  I think Mint had some special stuff to talk to a
Win network.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten what it's called.

If the DNS is hacked I think I'm toast no matter what I use.  But with
only 4 sites to be visited maybe I can just use the numeric address and
skip the DNS.  And I'm just learning about router upgrades.  I just
found out a week ago that my LinkSys router was several firmware updates
behind.  Something I have to watch since AFAIK there are no auto updates
on router firmware as one gets with Windows.

Chuck Norcutt