[OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:03:29 -0500 (EST)
Dr. Backup writes:
>>I clone the boot drive since everything involving the system software
>>needs to be in sync. Cloning the boot drive makes a static image of
>>everything that's there... but at the cost of copying the entirety of
>>the drive when, perhaps, you only needed to copy 10%...

Aaaah, but Shadowprotect allows for "incremental clones" that only
looks for changes. It is linked to the full cloning file or the
I usually only like to have 3 or so incremental files and then just
reclone the whole thing as the later approach seems to take up more
space then I
would have thought and still isn't super fast. Shadowprotect is
apparently quite snappy compared to some esp at USB3 speeds. I don't
believe any full
resoration on win 7 can be done at USB3 speed as the recovery
environment doesn't support that. I suspect win 8 fixed that, but I
don't know for sure.
Suspect  incremental backups of non boot drive may be faster.

Incremental cloner, Mike