Re: [OM] IMG: The European Court of Justice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The European Court of Justice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:03:29 +0000
That's where we differ, Nathan.  I don't like many modern buildings, although I
do like some of those.  They're a waste because they weren't necessary in the
first place: they're indulgences at the expense of the taxpayer.

Now, if the EU worked to a reasonable standard of governance it might be
possible to overlook such expensive indulgences, but parts of the EU are
corrupt and the EU authorities have failed to put that right.  I refer mainly
to the accounts, which I understand have not been signed-off for some years,
but I also mean the misuse of funds all over the EU.  This happens in all large
organisations, but the EU fails to take appropriate measures.

I could mention the allowances for MEPs etc . . . but I'd bore my readers.

Chris