Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 01:22:18 +1300

WayneS wrote;

At 2/28/2014 08:48 AM, Biran wrote:

An update on
my computer repair.

I took with me a new 500GB HD I had intended
to do a new backup with (but never got a round tuit), and suggested that
he install XP on that, restore my first "Acronis" BU on it, and I would
just accept my losses for what they were.

/////////

What I don't
understand is how you can fit all your photos and an OS on a single
500GB drive?

Wayne @ 21TB

///////

In my limited experience, how
could anyone ever need 21TB in a lifetime ? :-)

I also have many
programs installed.
I forget now, and can not access my directories to
count, but I suspect I have fewer than 10,000 images, and few of those
are RAW.
My HDD in hospital actually is as ginormous as 320GB, and it is
at the dangerous level of about 60% full.
As far as shutter clicks are
concerned, I suspect I am rather parsimonious, behaving as though I am
shooting 6x6 film or something like that.

Brian