Re: [OM] (OM) Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Computers
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 07:53:25 -0500
At 3/2/2014 07:22 AM, Brian wrote:

>In my limited experience, how
>could anyone ever need 21TB in a lifetime ? :-)
>
>I also have many
>programs installed.
>I forget now, and can not access my directories to
>count, but I suspect I have fewer than 10,000 images, and few of those
>are RAW.
>My HDD in hospital actually is as ginormous as 320GB, and it is
>at the dangerous level of about 60% full.
>As far as shutter clicks are
>concerned, I suspect I am rather parsimonious, behaving as though I am
>shooting 6x6 film or something like that.

I should learn from you. Part of my problem is editing and deleting.

Most of the 21Tb is not photos, I'm probably at 4G in photos,
but I shoot raw and tend to keep everything.

When I was scanning film, those files tended to be even larger.
As well as scanning some old photos of my Dad's from 50's and 60's.

Wayne