Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 20:20:05 +1100
The traditional B+W sliced from a solid block is still pricey but they have
been selling common sizes in a more budget range in recent times - 'F-Pro'?
They look a bit 'lesser' but still have a brass ring. The extra large wide
angle slim B+W was always a bit of a rip I think - you could get exactly the
same effect by mounting a wider filter on a slim step-up ring.
Beware of cheap B+W from Hong Kong/China - I have a very good forgery
somewhere. It looks just right and the package/case are, if anything, better
printed and made than the original - but it's aluminium. It cost me around $45
which was just enough to suck me in as 'genuine but bargain'.

Andrew Fildes (of course it's a Gucci T shirt, it says so on the front!)
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher:
The SLR Compendium: