Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:36:50 -0800
On 3/3/2014 8:47 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks, Bob.  The retailer suggests that the banding is as a result of jpg
> artefacts.
>
> I always thought that polarisers did best on wideangles, but it's ages since
> I last used one.  18mm = about 27mm equivalent.
>
> I'll keep the filter, since it seems to work fine.

As there is much more obvious banding on the 900 px version down sampled on the
fly by the gallery software, it would
appear to be JPEG artifacts.

OTOH, I don't understand why in testing you wouldn't take otherwise identical
shots with and without polarizer. That
would allow clear differentiation.

Polarizing Moose