Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any advice on filters?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:41:07 -0500
Bill is correct.  The polarization effect is strongest at 90 degrees
from the sun and non-existent at 180 degrees (ie, sun directly behind
you)  Since a wide angle lens covers a much larger piece of the sky the
variation in polarization will be more noticeable.  Some people don't
like it, some don't care.

Ken will likely be ill at the mention of Luminous Landscape but there's
a good, short tutorial here on the use of polarizers.  It spends a fair
amount of time on the the use of polarizers with wide angle lenses
including warnings about vignetting and not to use them with panos.
<http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/polarizers.shtml>

Chuck Norcutt