[OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?

Subject: [OM] Mirrorless - circular or linear polarizer?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 16:12:24 -0500 (EST)
>>I have used linear polarizers on the Minolta A1, Olympus E-1 and
Panasonic
>>DMC-L1. Other than the viewfinder and focus issues related to the
>>semisilvered mirror, I do not recall ever seeing any issues with the
sensor
>>or AA filter. Frankly, I cannot see how that would be a problem.

I can see where it MIGHT be a problem.  Last time I looked AA filters
use birefringent materail and thus polarize light.  The linear pol
should cause aliaising issues in one axis as it screws up the front
piece.  How that manifests itself and the severity of the artifacts
produced I have no clue.
Would look for moiré  in certain orientations I suppose.

Mike