Re: [OM] DX 14-54 on MFT

Subject: Re: [OM] DX 14-54 on MFT
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:00:20 -0800
On 3/5/2014 2:17 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> OK, 'splain me something.  I thought if I hung the DX 15-54 on the Panny
> OM_MFT adapter and used it with the E-M5, that all of the electrical
> bits were supposed to talk to each other and the lens should do the
> focusey/f-stoppey thing.  Sadly, that seems not to be the case.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Assuming it is indeed the Panny DMW-MA1, you are not applying logic.

Test to isolate the problem, the take appropriate action:

Does the lens work on a 4/3 camera?

If so, and µ4/3 lenses still work on the E-M5, then the failure must be in the
adapter.

I believe the adapter is a straight pass through of electrical connections.

First step is to clean the connections on camera, adapter and lens.

If that doesn't correct the problem, use a meter to test each electrical
connection through the adapter.

Repair Logic Moose