Re: [OM] Still messing with flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Still messing with flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:41:30 -0500
The reason to use flash is not to duplicate north window light... it's
to be able to shoot pictures when there is no north window light.  If
you're going to do a a one-off and the light happens to be good use the
north window.  But if you need to reproduce good light frequently and
especially on demand you need a reasonable substitute for the north
window.  I don't believe I've ever made a claim of "better than" as in
"beat north window light".  Beating it is not likely, but good enough is.

Dr. Flash