Re: [OM] IMG: Welcome to Jordan!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Welcome to Jordan!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:33:25 -0500
> Still having difficulty seeing how that's an insult.
> But as I said,'liberal' seems to have taken a weird sideways shift in meaning
> in your end of the forest.

The point I'm trying to make is that he's the equivalent of a Tea
Party Republican--only on the other side. When he tells the opposition
(paraphrased only slightly) "I won, you didn't, so you'll do what I
say", what do you expect is going to happen?

That said, in the last two elections, there wasn't much choice for
President. The reasonable, real-life candidates didn't have a chance
against such a rock star. And the GOP is self-destructing like the
Whig Party did before them. (for some major seats, but the GOP remains
VERY strong in most other political offices).

It's important to understand the variation in definition of terms from
one country to the next. One country's "Liberal" is another country's
"Conservative". "Progressive" has many meanings, all depending on what
the cultural and social issues are in any given country at any given
time. For example, I am a true progressive in some very key
areas--staunch conservative in a few others. I'm not going to drink
the cool-aid of either major political party as I see them both as
pandering to the lowest-common denominator and aiming for the best
"sound bite" not the best "policy".

AG