Re: [OM] 72mm genuine OM cap ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 72mm genuine OM cap ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:29:55 -0700
On 3/12/2014 12:56 PM, Piers Hemy wrote:
> Which one?  Metal screw-in or plastic clip-on?
>
> Not saying I have either or both or neither, just saying....

Actually, there are more choices than that. Oly later made the LC-72
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/342085-REG/Olympus_260014_LC_72_72mm_Lens_Cap.html>
 and LC-72B
<http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/72mm-lens-cap-lc-72b-12-60mm-f2-8-4-0-swd-or-9-18-f4-0-5-6.html>
 for the 4/3 12-60 and
9-18 lenses.

As you can see, the 72B is still available, at least in NA. Neither is classic.

An LC-72 resides on the front of the 49-72mm step-up ring/hood on my 18/3.5,
and looks rather nice. A bit less
restrained look than the original, clip-on plastic cap on my 300/4.5.

I do have a spare 72mm metal screw in cap, but one would have to put one's own
"OLYMPUS" label on it. :-)

Wide Mouth Moose