Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:11:14 -0400

On 3/13/2014 9:56 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I only use my cell phone when I'm on the road and have no other choice.
> To each his/her own. But unlimited nationwide calling can be a
> benefit. This last month, I did over 60 hours of talk time on my
> phone.

This is the reason we're not communicating (and I don't mean over a
telephonic channel).  You used 60 hours of talk time.  My total talk
time for a month on both landline and cell probably doesn't amount to
more than 60 minutes, maybe even 30... beyond the time I spend talking
to my kids when they call me... which is on their nickel and would come
in over conventional phone lines.

> Another thing to consider, before relegating yourself to third-world
> telephone service, is to take the amount you would spend on MagicJack
> and upgrade your landline service to unlimited long-distance or
> reduced rate. You'll be able to hear better, less latency and dropped
> calls, words, etc., and it will be about a financial match. Me thinks
> you are venturing into the fool's errand of stepping over dollar bills
> to pick up pennies.

Thanks, I'll do exactly that if the prices are anywhere comparable.
Right now, given my low usage, I don't think so but will check again.

Chuck Norcutt