Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:14:53 -0500
> This is the reason we're not communicating (and I don't mean over a
> telephonic channel).  You used 60 hours of talk time.  My total talk
> time for a month on both landline and cell probably doesn't amount to
> more than 60 minutes, maybe even 30... beyond the time I spend talking
> to my kids when they call me... which is on their nickel and would come
> in over conventional phone lines.

OK, I'm missing something here. Remind me again why you want the MagicJack?

1. You will have a landline phone with unlimited incoming minutes and
unlimited local calls.

2. Landline phone, with the no-upcharge long-distance fee is maybe
$0.10 per minute.

3. MagicJack, will cost you about $8.50 per month for the first six
months. Bare minimum after that is $3.00 per month.

4. Break-even point is 85 minutes out outgoing long-distance calls for
first six months--each and every month, 30 minutes per month after
that.

5. For a nominal fee, you can usually buy a lower per-minute rate or
even free long distance from your local provider. This fee is usually
comparable to MagicJack.

Sorry, sir, but you have failed to make your case. MagicJack would
only make sense if you don't have ANY land-line phone.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx