Re: [OM] Miniature zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Miniature zuikofest
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 03:58:50 +1300

Chuck wrote:

If it's your intention to sell these I think you need
to figure out how to tame the blown highlights.

Chuck Norcutt

On
3/13/2014 8:01 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Two more pics to
illustrate.

I wish I had taken more.

http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=11873 and the next to the
right.

Brian

/////////////////////////

These were absolutely not
taken with sale in mind. We were together, talking, or each doing our
own thing, and it crossed my mind to take a record of what took place
and what the sites look like.

It was an excellent day for walking and
looking, but with not a cloud in the sky and full bright sun with
crystal clear air, not good for some photographs. I was almost shooting
from the hip, so to speak.

In my opinion, that kind of forest is
almost legendary as being difficult to photograph, as the range of light
is so great. If I were to wish to record what is looked like, I would
choose a day with another kind of weather, and expect to use a tripod. I
didn't even go hunting for a spot that looked really nice. We were not
there long at all as we needed to find a lunch spot, then retrace our
long journey.

I 'did' adjust aperture and ISO 'on the run' to obtain
reasonably sharp shots in the forest, and in post-processing did remove
some highlight and shadow effects, and increase contrast to try and
bring out detail in the green smaller vegetation such as ferns. I
omitted to think of reducing the exposure in the camera controls at time
of shooting.

I don't want to open another can of worms about how I
take photos ... :-)

Brian.