Re: [OM] Filters on eBay and elsewhere, the results

Subject: Re: [OM] Filters on eBay and elsewhere, the results
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 13:29:00 -0500
> They complain about attendance at cinemas being down.  While there are some
> movies that definitely benefit from the big-screen experience, spending $30
> on two tickets plus another $20 on a large popcorn and two drinks means we
> only go to a theatre once in a great while.

My biggest beef has to do with the audio mixing on so many movies
today. The reliance on center-channel for voice is fine and
everything, but I get a headache from all the switching between stereo
or surround imaging to the sudden and abrupt center-channel dialog, in
which the center-channel is never loud enough for proper balance.

"Can YOU do any better, Mr. Blowhard?"

Actually, yes.

Right, Paul?

--