Re: [OM] eSIF access

Subject: Re: [OM] eSIF access
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 14:46:25 -0400
Thanks, Mark (and to any others who have offered up links)

I bought the CD way back when it was first offered and that's my normal
source.  But if I want to reference something and point it out to the
list I, of course, need an on-line reference.

I discovered that I didn't have access when I was reading the series of
messages on cases and wanted to point out that my favorite case has
always been the OM Compartment Case M (medium)
<http://esif.world-traveller.org/om-sif/casegroup/compartment_case_m.htm>
It had a removable (snap-in) set of 3 pockets for lenses, an elevated
platform for a body or body with small lens and an open space underneath
the body for other small accessories like a T-32, etc plus 2 good size
pockets on front and one side.

If I could design my ideal shooting case it would incorporate some of
the same elements as the Compartment Case M, be sized for the E-Mx and
have waistpack capability.

Right now my granddaughter has the OM Compartment Case M with an OM-2s
and a couple of lenses.  She's probably never used it.  I hope to get it
back soon.

Incidentally, the Compartment Case M had a fatal flaw. The soft
leatherette that formed the removable 3 lens snap-in pocket inside would
eventually turn into a black tar-like substance.  Truly ugh!!!  I sent
the original insert to my boat canvas and sail-making sister and she
replicated it in a thick and soft, cushiony fabric.  Much better than
the original.

Chuck Norcutt