Re: [OM] Popcorn - was Filters on eBay and elsewhere

Subject: Re: [OM] Popcorn - was Filters on eBay and elsewhere
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:36:32 -0700
On 3/16/2014 8:20 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> You're probably right, Andrew.  But it's a lot of time to waste if you get it
> wrong.

We all have different proclivities. Carol likes to watch some movies in a
theater, She recently went to see Gravity on
the big screen in 3D. I can wait to watch it in 2D on our 61" HD with high
quality surround sound.

If I don't like a movie she and I and perhaps a friend are watching, I can
wander away, or on rare occasion, stomp away
ranting, and not waste my time. I think the last time I was in a theater was a
pizza and beer place in Bar Harbor a year
and a half ago.

> I tend to find that foreign-language films (with subtitles) are more
> interesting, better acted and give me fewer palpitations with ghastly
> language.

As above, people are different. I'm fine with subtitles; they become
transparent to me. They drive Carol crazy. For
whatever reason, she can't both watch the video part and read the text, and
feels she has to choose one or the other, so
misses a lot. There have been a couple of UK police series shot in the North or
Scotland, that I had to watch by myself
with the subtitles on. Accents quite mild by actual local standards, but hard
for me.

It's All Various Moose