Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:17:54 -0700
> 7. $59 (before taxes) is actually not too far out of line. My guess is
> that you have a package deal which gives you 3-way calling,
> call-waiting, call-forwarding, caller-ID, free or reduced rate
> long-distance, DSL, EAS calling and partridges in your pear trees.

The $59 package is the cheapest deal. Yeah, it includes useless
"features" for me but does include the basic DSL and LD. Buffet pricing
is more expensive. Unlimited long distance is useful out here where
anywhere is LD. Sure my neighbors closer to the big grey box are paying
the same for 5x my dsl speed. I need the land line for 911 service. A
lot of 911 cell calls go through the tower on Mt Douglas north of
Victoria. The extra 10-15 minutes to sort out that the call is
international can be critical.

Just got my new bill. Monthly is now up to $85. Basic charge is the same
so all of the difference is taxes and fees.

Mike