Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:06:50 -0500
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Sawyer, Edward <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, well done.
>
> On 3/19/14 6:16 AM, "olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> <olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset

Thanks, everyone.  I'm not displeased with what I got (except for a bit of
lens flare, but if you're shooting pretty much into the sun...)

However, what I want is more like this:
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=7460  but with the Sun directly
over the end of the strip.  I'd just like more detail and depth to the sky.

Was hoping to go back out this evening, but it's pouring down rain right
now, and that's supposed to continue all through the night.  And one
weather forecast I heard this morning said that it was supposed to drop
into the 20's while doing it, which means ice and snow...

End of the week is supposed to be nice again.  I'm hoping for photogenic
clouds.  Fortunately, I've met the guy who lives on the property (unclear
if he owns it, or if the current owners let him live there as a
"groundskeeper" of sorts) and he's cool with me coming out to shoot
whenever I want.  I emailed him a copy of the earlier photo last year, but
I think what I'm going to do is when I get one that I'm really thrilled
with, I'll get it printed and give him an 8x10.
--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie