Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:52:45 -0500
> Was hoping to go back out this evening, but it's pouring down rain right
> now, and that's supposed to continue all through the night.  And one
> weather forecast I heard this morning said that it was supposed to drop
> into the 20's while doing it, which means ice and snow...

Paul, did you know that the Valpo area has the second highest
concentration of lightening strikes in the country? The towers there
have to have extra static discharge wicks on them, including
mid-points. Without the midpoint wicks, the lighting will strike the
tower partway down and end up taking out the feedlines. In fact, many
of the towers have some interesting "hats" on them which are made up
of thousands of needles.

Just thought you might like to know. This is something unique to that
area, which spans about fifty miles around the bottom of the lake.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx