Re: [OM] Edison light bulbs, Giant Anteater

Subject: Re: [OM] Edison light bulbs, Giant Anteater
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:26:00 -0500
Hi Peter,

Nice images.  I have a couple of original Edison carbon filament bulbs
that I have had for about 60 years.  They were still in use when I
replaced them with more modern bulbs during the 1950s.  One was lighting
a church stairway, and the other was from my grandparents' old home.  As
long as they were out of reach and not jostled, they just kept on burning.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA