Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:01:23 -0500
> Groan!

No kidding. Mind-boggling idiocy. I fail to understand how anybody
with half an ounce of functioning brain cells can thing that we need
to revert to the glory days of their youth. Or worse, of some lame
revisionist history of this country.

Several months ago, I picked up a history textbook "Westward
Expansion" by Ray Allen Billington. It's a pretty tough slog in
places, and I can tell that it's written from a slightly
northern-centric perspective, but it's very good. It certainly puts an
interesting light on the good, bad and ugly of this country's history.

Best $0.50 I've spent in a long time.

Anyway, it's fascinating because it pretty well skewers the perception
of "the good old days".

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx