Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 13:31:33 -0400
When I hear folks lamenting the loss of the good old days when the sun was
brighter, the wind fresher and the water purer, I inquire as to whether those
might be the days when water fountains and restrooms in my home town were
marked White and Colored, crosses were routinely burned in pastures outside of
town, and it wasn’t anyone’s business if a man occasionally smacked the shit ut
of his wife or kids. No? Earlier then? When black folk hung from trees and the
real Boss Hoggs ran things and looking at a cop the wrong way meant a serious
beating if you were white and maybe a funeral if you werent? Earlier? Maybe
back when some folks actually owned other folks, women were chattel, and
neighbors ambushed neighbors in opposition or support of Mr. Lincoln’s war?

No? Earlier?

Enough. There are no good old days.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal