Re: [OM] best cell phone service provider in N. Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] best cell phone service provider in N. Scotland
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 22:32:33 +0000
Local*s*? Who is the other one?

Not much to choose between them, Mike. All have dead spots up here, some of
them unique to one or other network, but some universal. Orange and TMobile
have now merged but that doesn't mean the network is twice as big. ...

Apart from the big four you mentioned we have several virtual operators who
piggyback on the big networks. Chris mentioned Virgin, Tesco and Asda are
two more. For the amount I guess you are going to use, I wouldn't bother.
If I remember aright, Bob used an Orange SIM last year with a handset
sourced from ... the OM List. And you are welcome to use the same phone.

Don't plan on 3G nor data coverage. But do plan on WiFi equipped lodgings
and eating-out places, which would dictate careful choice of the
'disposable' phone.

Do plan on listening to Bob's experiences as I guess he will have a better
grasp of your expectations!

Where, when?

Piers