[OM] Shot setup opinion

Subject: [OM] Shot setup opinion
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:38:21 -0500
While I was shooting at the drag strip tonight, Garry, the
groundskeeper, came out to chat.  I told him I wanted to come back when
the weather was a little nicer to get a photo of him with the track
behind him - he thought that would be nice.

Question - to maximize the photo, and also to make it recognizable, I
really need to have him and the fading "US30 AHRA" shield in the photo.

You've seen the basic layout.  I'm making the following assumptions:

1) I need to do it close to mid-day so I don't have long shadows behind
or in front of him
2) If I'm going to get him and the shield in the same photo, I'm
probably going to have to bring a stepladder and shoot from above him
3) Probably need to use a mild tele to compress the scene.  He's got a
fairly wide face, and "beer drinker's nose" so I don't want to
exaggerate that by getting up close with a WA

Thoughts?

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard