Re: [OM] IMG: Airport game, Swamp Thing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport game, Swamp Thing
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:52:42 -0700
Right you are, Chuck.  Mr. Wally Gator was taken at Corkscrew Swamp
Preserve, which is maintained by the Audubon Society.  The "trail" is a
2-mile boardwalk which is built about one meter above the swamp.   The
animals basically ignore the people on the boardwalk, and you get to see
them doing their thing.  More photos from there are coming soon.

So no humans were harmed in the making of the photograph.

The 90/3.5 Voigtlander is a small, light and very, very good lens. It
makes a great 180mm equivalent.

I have an old Vivitar T-mount 300/5.5 with Nikon mount and micro 4/3
adapter. It's surprisingly good at f/11 and decent at f/8.  I've taken
test shots with it.  But I've never found a good enough reason to
actually carry it around.  And I'm always afraid it will bend or shear
off the E-M5's lens mount.  I should get a pistol grip for the lens'
tripod mount.

Paul, I believe the game is called Scrabble Slam, and it's a card game
based on Scrabble.  In the players' defense, one of them got a "O" and
put it over the "A" just after I took the picture.  :-) Curiously, the
airport pigeon was resting on the rug right next to them, so I got two
nicely quirky shots in one place.
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13158226683/>

--Peter

 > Airport game:
 > <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13323450353/>
 >
 > Swamp Thing:
 > <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13323998574/>

 > I'm guessing a 6-8 foot gator at 30-40 feet with the 90mm.
 >
 > Chuck Norcutt
 >

 > > On 3/22/2014 4:15 PM, Moose wrote:
 > > On 3/22/2014 7:11 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
 > > Nice.  That was pretty close to that gator, unless you were using a
Tele.