Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 07:24:36 -0400
What do you consider groundwater?  Leaving the drill tailings laying
around on the surface can pollute the surface if the retention dams are
breached.  But a properly drilled fracking well can't pollute water
wells since the fracking well will be many thousands of feet below the
well water.  But proper drilling practices are key.  A fracking well can
blow out just like the Deepwater Horizon well did if the well is not
cemented properly.

ps:  Most fracking in the US is for natural gas, not oil, although there
is plenty of oil fracking also.

Chuck Norcutt