Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:20:02 -0400
Well, I’m thinking happy is not the word I would be choosing. <g> It’s just
that I’m reasonably sure at some point, something’s going to pop that won’t
bode well for humanity as a whole. It wouldn’t even take fewer people being
immune. After the initial meltdown, the loss of 25-40 percent of the world’s
population might be viewed as the thing that saved us. While the Black Death
was not viewed with much favor by those who endured it, the succession of
plagues across Europe changed the social, economic and political landscape,
improved the quality of life for the lower classes, and likely helped usher in
the renaissance and the end of feudalism.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal