Re: [OM] Bikes, (was: (OM) Computers)

Subject: Re: [OM] Bikes, (was: (OM) Computers)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:28:57 -0500
> I'd better check my light bulb spares.

I've got one spare for the Prius. In fact, a complete spare left
assembly with a tiny scratch from the school bus space/time big bang
thing. Otherwise, these puppies are too costly to have spares.

My 1986 Pontiac Grand Am was a disaster for headlights and
alternators. I have no clue how many times I replaced those things. It
was one of the very last cars to have four-lights across the front
with the outers being both low and high. The inners being high only.
When you put your high beams on, you had four high beam headlights
working for you. Yeah, it was sweet.

But I don't think the alternator could keep up with the load. And who
knows why the lights would keep burning out--maybe it was because I
drove it like Robby Gordon over potholed Michigan roads. In 196,000
miles I went through at least three alternators. Oh, but it was still
the original battery!!!!

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx