Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:45:02 -0400
Ah, but all that wasteful biological stuff as an intermediate stage of
production may not be necessary.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin>  I can't
remember his name (maybe it was Gold as mentioned in the Wiki article)
but a writer in the Scientific American in the late 60s said that you
could find natural gas on any arbitrarily chosen point on the earth if
you will only drill deep enough.  No plants or animals are required to
be be squeezed and cooked into hydrocarbons.

Chuck Norcutt