Re: [OM] Image Size and M43

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Size and M43
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:26:43 -0500
> Stop teasing them, Ken . . .

Sorry, I've been reading Luminous Landscape too much lately.

I find it so fascinating that those who were perfectly happy making
"exhibition grade" prints with 16MP just a couple years ago are now
dissing everything short of a Phase One camera and back.

I suppose we have to redefine "exhibition grade" again. I recon it
means pixel sharp down to 600 PPI or some such lunacy.

I'm pretty convinced that "exhibition grade" means "There is no valid
artistic value in the picture, so we're going to make it all about the
technical perfection."

Honestly, I think that Ken Rockwell is now the most sane reviewer and
commenter on camera equipment and artistic value today.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx