[OM] Smaller camera advice needed

Subject: [OM] Smaller camera advice needed
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:10:12 -0500
I've decided that as soon as we can afford it, we're getting my brother
an early Christmas present.  His only digital camera is 10 years old,
and wasn't that great to start with.  Otherwise, they've just got on
older 35mm P&S.

With all of the kids still young and growing, I want to make sure he and
my sis-in-law can get plenty of good photos of the family.

I'm seeing prices on the 'bay for E-P3's and E-PL3's with the kit lens
that look reasonably affordable.  I'm not sure of the difference, but
the 3 seems to have gotten good reviews, and he can still get a
different lens or two.

Anyone here using a PEN (the digital kind) who can give me some
first-hand commentary?  He's not necessarily a photographer, but could
learn some more-than-basic skills.

I'm thinking the camera and the kit lens (usually the 14-42), an extra
battery, and a small bag to keep it in would be something the entire
herd would benefit from.

Thoughts?  Since this will probably happen late Summer or maybe even
Fall, prices on E-P5's may have dropped into the same range by then...

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard