Re: [OM] Good product for cleaning lenses/filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Good product for cleaning lenses/filters
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:09:17 -0400
  Last night I remembered another trick for removing stubborn lipid/oily
substances from lenses. Break a Styrofoam packing peanut in two and rub the
broken surface on the grease spot. Styrofoam is very lipophilic. Should
lift it right off the glass.
   Keep in mind that modern sunscreen products contain a host of unique
chemicals and it is not just the oily emollients you are dealing with. Some
now contain nano-particles of titanium dioxide which I would imagine are
very "sticky" due to their small size.

Charlie