Re: [OM] Smaller camera advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Smaller camera advice needed
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:03:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I'm seeing prices on the 'bay for E-P3's and E-PL3's with the kit lens
>that look reasonably affordable.  I'm not sure of the difference, but
>the 3 seems to have gotten good reviews, and he can still get a
>different lens or two.

     <<SNIP>>

     I'm in a similar frame of mind.  I've become very tired of the Kodak
DX7590 that was given to me.  If not for the fact that it is auto-focus (AF)
only, it would be fine as a casual walk-around camera.  But none of the photos
I've taken with it are in what I would consider to be good focus.  I like the
size and weight, but I cannot live with this problem.

     I'm surprised that nobody has marketed a digital camera with
interchangable lenses that is similar to the shape of a video camera.  Such a
camerea would be fairly compact and easily made to accomodate both left- and
right-handed photographers, and could have all the same features as tradionally
shaped cameras.

     Anyway, I'd also be inerested in learning about compact digital cameras
that would use the same lenses as the E-4x0 and E-5x0 series.  I retired the
14-45mm lens that came with the E-500, but I would be glad to retrieve it from
storage if I could come up with a suitable small walk-around body.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson