Re: [OM] Tent camping practice

Subject: Re: [OM] Tent camping practice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:58:12 -0700
On 3/28/2014 11:14 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> It looks cosy for one, Brian.  Two people might have to be very close inside.

Looks huge, compared to the two person backpacking tent I used to use. I could
break up the ice on the rain fly at the
foot end just by kicking upward. Draw a very uneven hexagon around two mummy
bags touching each other, and that's the
footprint, high (relatively) only at the head end. Probably still in the
basement.

The thing Brian has is for car camping, or someone in really, really good shape
to carry. When you carry things over
12,000 foot passes, every ounce matters.

Carol still likes to car camp, and has a rather large tent, cot and mattress to
go in it. I've been there, in various
tents, often enough. I now only camp in our Turtle, with indoor plumbing, heat
and most of the other amenities of home
within. :-)

De Luxe Moose