Re: [OM] The philosophy and practice of another landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] The philosophy and practice of another landscape
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:09:50 -0700
> I tried to install FastStone on it today but it would not install for
> some reason.  I suspect an odd permissions problem since install
> couldn't write any file but need to check into that.
> Nope, not a permissions problem.  I'm temporarily mystified.  Win7...

I suspect that it is indeed a permissions problem since you mentioned Win7. Is
your hard drive pulled from an XP box? With Win 7 Nanny Microsoft decided it
knew what's best for you. I found this out the painful way. Luckily I had a
full retail version of Win 7 so spent some quality learning time on the phone
with tech support.

Too much to address in a post. I suggest some reading. Start here.

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-permissions#1TC=windows-7>